61% Pain Reduction & Decreases Medication Use in 86% (including opioids)
FREDERICK, MD, USA, March 29, 2016 — BioElectronics Corporation (OTC Pink: BIEL), the maker of the drug-free over-the-counter, $30.00 ActiPatch® (www.actipatch.com) Musculoskeletal Pain Therapy medical devices, announced today the completion of a 6-month ActiPatch product observation study conducted in conjunction with its ongoing market research.
The study was conducted to measure the medical device’s pain relief durability, its reduction of pain medication use, including prescription narcotic drugs, and its impact on the user’s quality of life.
Out of the 254 chronic pain sufferers that participated, 224 completed the full 6-month study.
The key findings:
- Side effects: None reported
- Treatment durability: Over 90% of the participants reported continued relief averaging a 61% reduction in pain even after six months.
- Improved quality of life: 90% reported improved sleep, 89% reported greater physical activity and 71% reported their quality of life was much better to a great deal better.
- Decreased medication use: 86% reported a decrease in medication use that continued to improve over time. Most importantly, this decrease included prescription narcotic based drugs.
- Decreased adverse events from medication use: 68% were experiencing adverse side effects, of these 71% reported a reduction in adverse side effects.
- Healthcare savings: 65% spent less on pain therapies and 65% reported fewer visits to the Doctor and Pain Specialist.